Sign up for classes in our online Shop or by calling the Center where the desk worker will help you sign up and pay.
Below are some of our classes that can be arranged anytime.
with Carol Pritcher
Tuesdays, 10 am to 2 pm (six classes)
For anyone interested in gaining knowledge of the loom and beginning weaving. Classes can be scheduled on an individual basis by calling Carol on Tuesdays at 494-9854. $125 members ($135 non-members) plus a small materials fee. Beginning-Intermediate.
Call 494-9854 and schedule your art class. Choose from pottery, weaving, drop spindle, painting, basket making and more. Classes are individually designed and range in price from $200 and up.
with the Quilting Department
Wednesdays, 10 am to 2 pm
Bring your hand-sewing project or help out with the group quilting project with a wonderful group of ladies which meets each Wednesday to quilt, laugh, and enjoy lunch together. No need to call ahead; just bring your lunch.
MAKE YOUR OWN CLASS
Got a craft you want to learn? The Craft Center has access to numerous talented craft teachers in a variety of subjects. Gather up your friends and let’s plan your own class. Five or more students are needed. For more information or to just get ideas, call Ashley Pegram, Center Director at 865-494-9854.
Price to be determined.
Schedule a party! Choose from pottery, weaving, drop spindle, painting, basket making and more. Classes are individually designed and range in price from $200 and up. Cake and party supplies may be brought into our kitchen area which has a bar and plenty of tables and chairs for your group. Adults and/or children welcome.
1. Anyone signing up for a class must pay for the class to be considered registered.
2. People signing up for a class should not pay the materials fee at the time of registration (unless it is included in the fee). Materials fees are generally paid to the teacher or studio on the first day of class.
3. Each class has a minimum and a maximum number of students. If the minimum number of students is not reached by the registration deadline, the class may be canceled and all fees refunded. If a student must cancel after paying, a refund will be given if it is two weeks (14 calendar days) or more before the class; otherwise, we cannot give a refund. This is necessary due to the amount of work involved with class registration, set up, and publicity and fairness to others in the class.
4. If classes are held over the lunch hour, students should bring a lunch with them.
5. If Anderson County schools are closed due to bad weather, classes will likely not be held. Call the office to verify If it is a weekend, the decision to cancel is up to the teacher. In that case, please call the Center at 494-9854.
If you’d like to receive our monthly newsletter with updates on classes and other happenings at the Center, please consider joining. There are a lot of opportunities here for artists, crafters, or people interested in the arts. Members receive $10 off all our classes, get the monthly newsletter, have access to our studios, and are part of a wonderful group of people who support local artists in East Tennessee. It’s not expensive to become a member.